Mangroves for the Future (MFF) Programme National Coordinator
International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
- Implementation and Management of MFF programme strategies
- Together with the Grant Officer implement the complete project cycle related to MFF Small, Medium and Regional projects under the guidance of the MFF Secretariat, NCB and Country Representative.
- Liaise with MFF Secretariat and NCB members constantly to ensure that the Secretariat’s guidance and decisions of the Regional Steering Committee (RSC) is effectively conveyed to the NCB and vice-versa;
- Plan and develop terms of references for the MFF related procurements on good and services including consultants, obtain necessary approvals and identify budgets, and quality assurance of good and services;
- Supporting project proposal development for funding projects under the MFF frame-work and also to raise funds for sustainability; and
- Leverage resources, knowledge and opportunities with IUCN other initiatives and other development partner work to enhance the value addition by MFF.
- Support to the MFF Sri Lanka National Coordinating Body (NCB)
- Provide strategic advice to NCB in relation to policy influence and MLE activities;
- Assist NCB in preparing, implementing, monitoring and reporting work related to the annual work-plan for MFF in Sri Lanka and make changes to the National Strategy and Action Plan (NSAP) to suit changing global and local needs;
- Function as point of contact for NCB Members and update NCB on MFF progress at both national and regional levels including the strategic changes;
- Ensure sustained and high motivation among NCB members on their contributions for the MFF programme;
- Leadership for MFF activities
- Demonstrate leadership in advise to NCB in relation to the strategic implementation of the MFF Grant Facilities;
- Coordinate and facilitate MLE activities led by MFF Secretariat in Bangkok, Thailand and NCB.
- Provide leadership in collating, documenting and sharing of lessons within the country as well as global knowledge.
- MFF Communication and Partnership Development
- Provide support to expand the MFF partnership and knowledge bases including the communications and knowledge products.
- Frequent and consistent liaison with NCB members, MFF regional staff and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement communications and partnership promotion strategies and action plans, in consultation with NCB, Country Representative and Programme Coordinator;
- Ensure the delivery of MFF communications products (NCB progress, web-stories, images, e-newsletter, Wiki content, events calendars, etc);
- Ensure that IUCN/MFF Visual Identity and Branding guidelines are adhered to and ensure that MFF partners and donors are appropriately acknowledged on MFF products; and
- Integrate communications effectively into the MFF MLE Framework.
- Constantly liaise with other IUCN Sri Lanka project activities and staff to create synergy;
- Ensure harmony, unity and team work within the office and foster the learning culture of IUCN.
- Carry out or facilitate other tasks requested by the Country Representative based on special circumstances.
- The ideal candidate should possess a post-graduate degree related to Natural Resources Management or Project Management
- A minimum 10 years of progressive experience in project management/coordination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Exposure to private sector, university and media plus resource mobilization experience will have distinct advantages
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet and deliver to deadlines, as well as experience in project financial and resource management.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in fundraising.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- The position is open to Sri Lankan nationals only and will be contract based initially for 02 years.
- The most fitting candidate will not only match qualifications and experience, but also should fit well with the numerous other human qualities needed for the job.Much importance would be given in identifying a candidate who fulfills the basic criteria and possess good track record in managing nationally important programmes involving multi-stakeholders.