UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The purpose of the consultancy is to assess availability of locally available supplies, pre-qualify vendors for local procurement of supplies and services, and update the vendor master records maintained by the Office.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF Nepal Country Office determines the main commodity categories based on historical data of the past purchase orders and contracts 2014-2016. Major categories are as follows:
- Office supplies and equipment
- IT supplies and equipment
- School supplies and equipment
- Commercial materials (T-Shirts, Caps, Vest, Pen, etc)
- Sports and play equipment
- Power Generating Equipment (Generators, solar systems)
- Vehicle spare parts
- Plastic Products (Buckets, Mugs, Tarpaulin, etc)
- Office & School Furniture
- Transport equipment
- Water and Sanitation Supplies
- Relief Supplies
- Soap and sanitizers
- Mattresses and pillows
- Tents and shelter equipment
- Hygiene supplies (Sanitary napkins, Laundry soap, etc)
In addition, the survey is expected to identify and pre-qualify service providers for:
- Research, Analysis and Studies
- Printing services
- Graphic design services
- Photography services
- Translation and Interpretation services
- Photocopy and lamination services
- Maintenance of office equipment
- Cleaning and Ancillary services
- Transport services
- Custom Clearance services
- Shipping and forwarding services
- Vehicle maintenance services
- Generator maintenance services
- Air Conditioning maintenance services
- Hotel services, accommodation, meeting rooms and equipment
- Catering services.
- Media Buying services
- Human Resources and Logistics Services
- Training Services
- Office & residences Security Services
- Courier Services
- Events management services
- Audit and Assessment Services
- Inspection and Quality Assurance
- Expression of interest advertised in all leading local newspapers as well as on the UNICEF and UNGM websites. Week 1
- Supplier profile forms completed by all as required. Week 1-3
- Preliminary vetting of completed supplier forms done and documented. Week 4-5
- A list of short-listed suppliers for various categories of commodities and services. Week 6
- Completed Supplier Inspection Reports. Week 7-8
- Submit recommendations of the pre-qualified vendors by category of commodity/service. Week 9
- Provide a hard copy file of the pre-qualified suppliers by the various categories. Week 10
- Facilitate the registration of the pre-qualified vendors in the UNGM website. Week 11
- Provide a framework of continuous updating of the vendor master records. Week 12
- Submit a Final report and the data base containing the methodology, principal conclusions and recommendations of the market survey. Week 12
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Advanced university degree in business administration, procurement, management or a related technical field.
Work Experience: Five years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in procurement, business administration and management and financial analysis. Proven experience in similar assignments with UNICEF preferably in South Asia.
Languages: Fluency in English. Knowledge of Nepali is an asset.
- In depth knowledge of procurement and good concept of analyzing technical financial documents.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage market research and similar projects
- Good analytical, negotiating and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Excellent computer skills, including database applications and internet navigation.
- Expertise in public procurement
- Experience in report writing
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage market research and similar projects
- Planning and Organizing skills/Accountability and ability to work independently