Market Systems & Entrepreneurship Specialist
Habitat for Humanity, Chennai, India
Closing Date for Applications:
Habitat for Humanity International is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Market Systems & Entrepreneurship Specialist. The Specialist will support and deliver programming that expands Habitat's work with housing market systems across South India. The position entails working with market actors, government, low income home owners, external consultants and the regional team. This position will be based in Chennai, India but with significant periods of time in the field and out of the office (app. 1 day per week in the office, 4 days going to the field and meeting parnters). Approximately 50-60% travel within South India.
Candidate must be currently eligible to work in India.
- Supports the housing market systems work in Tamilnadu, identifying and soliciting initiatives from various market actors in the housing value chain, building relationships and supporting facilitation activities.
- Provides project management on the delivery of housing market systems mapping, value chain and market research, and facilitation activites with private sector firms.
- Leads monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) of projects.
- Liases with potential partners such as financial institutions, government agencies, construction companies, materials suppliers, etc.
- Provides technical inputs on various products and services in the housing value chain. Assists in technical/commercial feasibility of various proposals and in structuring agreements with market actors.
- Masters Degree in economics, business, finance, engineering or related field.
- MBA is a plus.
- Five years’ relevant experience in business, social entrepreneurship, international development, housing, finance or similar field with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects preferred.
- Experience with value chain programs and/or other market-based development approaches is a plus.
- Exposure to construction and affordable housing in disaster prone areas is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial. Works well in dynamic environments with limited resources.
- Agile. Prioritizes tasks and redirects work effort in response to new opportunities and changes in priorities.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to develop and manage good relationships between the project, private sector, government and other stakeholders.
- Quality and results oriented. Demonstrated attention to detail, highly organized and able to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously and within deadline.
- Communication and presentation skills in English (written and oral).
- Ability to converse in Tamil preferred.