Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
• Develop and deliver for ADAPT’s Skill Development Center (SDC) located in Chembur - the strategy for marketing and communication, in close collaboration with the Chair.
• Highlight and broaden the buying prospects of products made by the Production Department and the Disabled Interns of ADAPT. Draw up catalogue brochures and online product descriptions in order to make the products made by our special interns commercially attractive and so as to generate revenues for a sustainable living.
• Create awareness in the media, public and other social domains about products and services of ADAPT.
• Align the strategy with that of the organization and other programs, seeking to maximize effectiveness through collaboration with various partners.
• Develop a media plan for the organization, to raise the profile of the organization.
• Review and develop all other advertising-related opportunities for ADAPT and work with the Chair to include these into the fundraising plan.
• Research into relationships that should be developed to manage effective partnerships with both existing and new media partners, NGOs, government, media and funders.
• Innovate and offer new ideas and approaches for developing ADAPT’S publicity, building relationships with other networks and members where appropriate.
• Stay networked and keep abreast of trends, news, events and deadlines, so that all possible, new or enhanced opportunities are exploited.
• Maintain overall responsibility and accountability for ensuring the project outcomes through marketing strategies are in line with ADAPT’S requirements.
• Engage with mainstream media, institutions, government companies and individuals to develop potential advertising.
• Review ADAPT’s current communication tools and re-work the communication strategy in line with key business plan principles.
• Relevant degree in business and / or marketing-related subject
• Masters degree (preferred)
• At least 10 years experience working in a marketing role in a corporate environment or a NGO or a social enterprise.
• At least 8-10 years’ corporate marketing and branding experience.
• Experience in writing and delivering external communication programme.
• Experience in developing high-quality written content for different communication channels including emails, adverts, presentations, etc.
• Experience of developing and implementing partnership development activities.
• Extensive use of project management approaches including setting project plans, budgets and schedules.
• Experience in fundraising would be preferable.
Knowledge and Skills
• First class communication skills able to operate professionally and effectively at all levels.
• Excellent rapport building, networking and relationship management experience.
• Ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships between staff, volunteers, partners, and donors.
• Passion and ability to help shape the organisation’s marketing and communication department.
• Ability to develop fresh approaches and innovate as appropriate.
• Ability to provide strategic leadership and management, ensuring that the vision is not lost in the daily operations of the organisation.
• Ability to review and analyse budgets and financial reports to see implications in the implementation and management of the projects.
• Ability to work well in an inter-cultural environment.
• An understanding or experience of the fields of disability and inclusion.
Job location: Mumbai - Local candidates preferred. Outstation candidates need not apply.
Consultation conditions: Full time
Please contact us with your profile at email@example.com