Markets for Change / M4C Communications and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer - (post open to Fiji Nationals Only)
UN Women, Suva, Fiji
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Supports the formulation and implementation of internal and external communications and advocacy strategies, supports business development of the Project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation and conduct of communications needs assessments for the Project (country programme and corporate change initiatives, etc.);
- Provision of information for elaboration of Project communications and outreach strategy based on the corporate communications strategy;.
- Development of communication materials for marketing and awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the supervisoR;
- Organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews;
- Provision of inputs and researched information in programme formulations to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of UN Women’s development programme;
- Review of Project reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention;
- Develops the Fiji M4C communication and media strategy and related work plans;Plans, implements and monitor Fiji M4C communication and media strategy, including monitor and collect electronically all national news relevant to M4C;
- Support the development of all project related material and publications;
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation and finalisation of Fiji M4C donor reports;
- Liaises and coordinates with Fiji MCO communications staff to ensure communication and media outreach strategy and activities align with the regional strategy and activities;
- Works with Fiji MCO communications staff to ensure coordinated media contact lists and alliances;
- Works with Fiji MCO communications staff to contribute M4C-related information, photos and content in regional publications and materials;
- Supervise and prepare content for the website parts related to the M4C project ensuring consistent quality and appropriateness of the materials;
- Identifies and develops storylines for publications and substantive articles contributing to debates on key development issues. Prepares human interest stories and project updates drawn from M4C project and partnerships, for UN Women’s global and regional websites;
- Maintenance of Project communication information database and photo library.
Ensures the implementation of evaluation policies and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for the planning, preparation and management of the Fiji M4C project evaluations and other types of related evaluations;
- Inputs to the Fiji M4C evaluation work plan, analysis and proposals on topics, and projects/programmes to be evaluated;
- Promotion of evaluation standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development in the Fiji MCO;
- Strengthens and develops Fiji M4C Monitoring and Evaluation plan including tools for implementing the plan and ensure monitoring of activities by M4C partners;
- Lead preparation/implementation of relevant baseline studies and data collection/assessment;
- Undertakes regular monitoring visits to M4C project locations to monitor and collect relevant data related to project activities
- Maintains an effective and updated filing system of M&E related documents and document lessons learned for M4C with specific focus on results, impact and the final outcomes and develop a database on all relevant indicators, partners and programmes on M4C at country level;
- Manages other monitoring and evaluation-related events, products, and technical assistance needs, as requested.
Supports effective management of the evaluation process within the Fiji M4C Project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Drafting/revision of Terms of Reference (TOR) for specific project/thematic/sectoral evaluation missions and/or desk evaluations/reviews, participation in consultant and evaluation team selection, technical feedback on evaluations and budget oversight;
- Guidance on UN Women’s evaluation policies, procedures and practices to Programme Managers, UN Women staff concerned with assigned project/thematic/sectoral evaluations and/or desk reviews, consultants and/or members of the evaluation team. Provision of guidance at the design stage of programmes/projects;
- Analysis and synthesis of proposals on areas evaluated, effectiveness and impact of UN Women programmes;
- Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of monitoring and evaluation, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader EO knowledge management efforts;
- Contribution to the implementation of Evaluation Knowledge Management and Learning Strategy;
- Participation in results-oriented monitoring and evaluation training efforts in the Country Office.
- Masters’ Degree or equivalent in Gender, Social Work, International Relations, Management, Development, Public Administration, political or social sciences or related field;
- And/or: Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent in Gender, Human Rights, Social Work, International Relations, Management, Development Studies, Public Administration, political or social sciences or related field.
- Masters’ Degree or Higher + years of experience requirement: Up to 2 years of relevant experience in national, regional and international development issues;
- Some experience in monitoring and evaluation with a background and interest in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters. Relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- And/or: Bachelors’ Degree + years of experience requirement: Up to 4 years of relevant experience at the community, national, regional and international development issues. Some experience in monitoring and evaluation with a background and interest in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters. Relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy;
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in economics, gender analysis, planning and programming.
- Proven experience with planning, design and implementation of M&E systems, M&E methods and approaches and data/information analysis is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.