Norwegian Refugee Council, Kabul, Afghanistan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Assistant role is to support and contribute to the implementation of an online data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information for M&E Activities and reporting. The M&E Assistant will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on programme scale, relevance, and effectiveness. Within this context, the M&E Assistant will provide technical support to Support Office M&E Unit.
Note: For more details about the position, kindly refer to the job description attached at the bottom
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Assist in the the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Prepare and share monthly summary progress reports
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Compile and update monthly project progress on the online Global Output and Outcome Monitoring System using data from Area Office M&E Matrixes
- Generate and share reports on project progress from the online Global Output and Outcome Monitoring System
- Compile and file electronic copies of all beneficiary lists and other relevant Means of Verification
- Conduct surveys and Focus Group Discussions as part of wider data collection initiatives in the M&E Unit
- Consolidate Country Office Complaints and Response Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) database and Balanced Score Card (BSC) when necessary;
- Make sure complete and accurate project information are reported timely to the Country Office by each area office with necessary disaggregation (data by area/location, core competency, gender, type of beneficiaries (IDP, refugees, host community, returnee and other)
- Support need assessments, baseline and end line surveys particularly field data collation using mobile data collection methods training and supervising enumerators, data entry and analysis.
- Support field program staff to implement project level assessments, including PDMs, baseline survey using mobile data collection methods, outcome measurement, and multisector area level assessments where relevant, training and supervising of enumerators, data entry and analysis;
- Assist in implementation of a Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) for all programs by creating compliant database;
- Support the role out of digital based data collection using mobile phones/tablets;
- Bachelor’s degree in ( BMS , BSc in statistics or Math) degree or certificate in M&E with at least 2-3 years of active professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably under emergency or post-conflict setting.
- 2 years experience from working as an Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Oral and written English communication skills;
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Power point, Word, Excel, Access)
Education title: Bachelor’s degree in ( BMS , BSc in statistics or Math)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law