Norwegian Refugee Council, Herat, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the job is day to day implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation activities across the projects in the west. He will be responsible for the data collection, PDM, analysis and report writing of the monitoring sessions of the projects and as well as tracking of MoV (Means of verification) for the project indicators. He will be the focal point for receiving calls from beneficiaries, providing information to the beneficiaries and also recording the cases and keep up to date response mechanism database. He will be providing support for creating data collection tools and digitalization of the data collection tools whenever required for the core competencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Planning and Maintaining M&E Systems
- Support in planning and maintaining M&E Systems.
- Support M&E section in coordination process to establish programme level M&E systems.
- Help the team in working on the M&E planning and providing support in planning the M&E annual work plan as needed.
- Contribute to the program data collection, entry and management system through tablets and KoBo collect and documentation of the filing.
- Programme Support
- Perform data collection methodology and apply M&E tools in actual data collection, as needed.
- Support the core competencies in baseline surveys and PDMs.
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between programme and M&E staff, as needed.
- Report monitoring data in a timely manner to the M&E officer.
- Handling the complaints, response and feedback (CRFM) cases and respond to the phone calls from the beneficiaries and up to date tracking of CRFM system.
- Support M&E with data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Support in M&E related tasks whenever required.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Minimum of a university degree in social science, economics, rural development or in other related fields. Prior experience with monitoring and evaluation is required
- Post-graduate certificate in M&E related field such as surveys, sampling, data analysis
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Experience with field level coordination with UN organisations, INGOs, Donors and authorities
- Experience from working in IDP /refugee related programmes
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Fluency in Dari and Pashtu
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of digital data collection platforms (KoBo, CommCare, Ona)
- Knowledge of designing form on KoBo platform
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect