All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values. To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and believes that shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Gambella Programme teams in the monitoring, implementation and evaluation of activities through data management (data entry, collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting), developing, updating and maintaining databases and proper project documentation. The job holder will be responsible for documentation and sharing of key learning for the improvement of the different projects, as well as in-house training of staff on MEAL processes and approaches.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support programme portfolio implementation according to plan of action;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of implemented projects.
- Build the capacity of staff through trainings and support for effective implementation of the M&E systems, including; digital data gathering, data quality management, routine data quality assessment (including data validation, follow up and post implementation monitoring;
- Ensure proper filing of documents; • Ensure timely and accurate reporting as per NRC and other stakeholders’ requirements and expectations.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Implement and contextualize NRC M&E framework and SOPs;
- Ensure consistency of approach at all levels in the M&E in collaboration with programme staff using M&E tools developed;
- Oversee the systematic and continuous data collection and analysis on the progress of activities over time and monitor results in terms of timeliness, quality and accuracy in line with the logical framework approaches(LFAs), best practice and project management;
- Involve in project development and ensure a quality proposal are designed;
- Support overseeing the periodic assessments including baseline, midterm and end line evaluation of projects in Gambella programme
- Liaising with NRC M&E and other partners to maximise the benefits of data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Coordinators and Area Manager
- Design tools, checklists and schedules for collecting data at the input, output and outcome levels in association with the relevant programme staff and based on the changing needs and requirements the Gambella Programme; Any other duties assigned by supervisor
University degree preferably in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics or other relevant discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience from working as a monitoring & evaluation Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context and development programme
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management. Learning and decision making
- Strong analytic skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audience through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Computer skills including MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Access)
- Experience with digital data gathering will be an added advantage
- Exposure to a wide range of information management systems related to humanitarian/development and/or operational (e.g. construction) activities)
- Experience in community social work
- Good report writing and communication skills