NRC has been working in Venezuela since 2005, providing assistance to Colombian refugees and host communities. With the change of the situation in the last few years, NRC has gradually expanded its target group from Colombian refugees to work more with the Venezuelan vulnerable population.NRC has offices in San Cristóbal, San Antonio, Caracas, Puerto Ordaz and will soon open new offices in Maracaibo and Apure.
The M&E Manager will establish and implement systems that promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management. The M&E Manager will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on programme scale, relevance, and effectiveness. Within this context, the M&E Manager will provide technical support to in-country staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the country mission by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful M&E systems.
The M&E Manager reports to the Head of Programme.
All applications and CV's must be submitted in English
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Advise management on M&E solutions/options in the design of M&E staffing, resourcing and budgeting for M&E, and M&E priorities for the country office.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Management of the M&E team
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the evaluation plan and the After-Action Reviews in 2020
- Lead the development of the Beneficiary feedback and complaints mechanisms
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in creating and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an international NGO
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level Spanish and English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.