M&E MEAL Specialist
World Vision, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Specialist will directly support World Vision DRC's ongoing Ebola Response. Based in Beni/Butembo, this position will be responsible for designing needs assessments, building the capacity of the existing M&E team, creating M&E plans for pipeline grants, conducting internal project evaluations, and ensuring accountability to affected populations. The right person for this job will have a background in emergency M&E, proficiency in statistical analysis software, and be able to mobilize cross-functional teams to support M&E objectives and ensure project success.
- Provide leadership in data collection, analysis, reporting and timely dissemination of findings to the response.
- In collaboration with project leadership, participate in the reporting writing for grant-funded projects in accordance with the grant agreements.
- Prepare all datasets and codebooks for submission to the donor (i.e. OFDA) as required by the grant agreements.
- Ensure that the Response has a MEAL team adequately trained and supported with relevant tools and guidance for effective monitoring of all response projects (ensure quality and timeliness of on-site monitoring, PDMs, FGDs, KIIs, etc.) as agreed with the donors.
- Lead/Participate in the joint assessments to identify and verify the critical needs of the affected population, compile the report and disseminate to the Response for proposal development.
- Ensure the MEAL team is supported with the required technical guidance, mentoring and coaching on an ongoing basis on their day-to-day tasks (including establishing mechanisms for information provision, setting up community level incident reporting, regular monitoring & reflections sessions).
- Ensure and support regular field visits to the Response implementation areas to verify implementation quality and adherence to standards.
- Participate in projects development/design to ensure quality of projects logical frameworks and adequate budgeting for MEAL activities.
- Ensure that a proper Humanitarian Accountability Mechanism is in place for the Response and running adequately.
- In collaboration with WV DRC’s Gender & Protection Technical Specialist, coordinate development of sector/project specific key messages including PSEA and Safeguarding messages for sharing with the affected population.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum Qualification required: University degree in agriculture, sociology, anthropology, public health, International development, Statistics or other related fields.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience working for an international agency at a managerial level in monitoring and evaluation: designing, preparing and conducting surveys, collecting and analysing baseline data, and reporting.
- Master in International Development & certificate in statistic.
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques, and participatory approaches.
- Familiarity with the Logical Framework model for program planning.
- Ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal trainings.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations, including (SPSS, Excel, Lotus, Access).
- A good working knowledge of emergency and development food aid programming.
- Understanding of grant programs requirements.
- Experience with Management Information Systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience working in projects with multiple implementation partners a plus.
- Ability in collaborative/team work.