The position is based in FAO Project Office, Multan, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Program / Admin ) and Program Officer Resilience, the incumbent will report to Project Coordinator under direct supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation officer in performance of the following functions:
- FMPIS updated as per performance measurement plans; infographics and maps developed to demonstrate project performance
- E-M&E system updated and maintained; Field teams capacitated on M&E tools and their applications
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in the updating of project M&E framework and systems
- Provide inputs for development, standardization and deployment of tools that capture quantitative and qualitative data to be utilized in monitoring, evaluation and reporting under the defined indicators;
- Assist in the preparation of infographics reflecting project performance
- Provide inputs for implementation of a standardized Management Information System accessible to staff
- Assist the implement baseline surveys for a later impact evaluation
- Develop database and track the progress of all interventions in the region against agreed indicators, and timely send periodic reports to M&E Officer at FAO head office, reporting on early indications of progress, or lack thereof, in the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability of programs and events, and their impact on strategic goals of the activity;
- Assist in the implementation of M and E system-ensuring adequacy for monitoring & assessments of project outcomes and outputs.
- Assist in the generation of spatial analysis and GIS maps highlighting project performance
- Assist in the design and execution of primary surveys, baseline surveys for a later impact evaluation.
- Collection and documentation of case studies as per requirements.
- Assist in the compilation of facts/ data and present in the periodic reports
- Assist in preparing of result based knowledge products.
- Assist in the planning and execution of monitoring, evaluation and capacity building missions
- Perform other related duties as required by supervisor;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in social sciences, urban and regional planning, GIS/RS, agriculture, and allied disciplines
- 02 years of relevant experience in the field of M&E, GIS, development projects in Pakistan.
- National of Pakistan
- Have excellent communication skills in English and local languages with demonstrated conceptual, analytical and report writing skills.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Ability of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and rural communities.
- willing to undertake extensive fieldwork in the rural areas of Pakistan
Selection Criteria: Experience and good understanding of working in the security environment in Balochistan.