The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Overall purpose of the role:
The MEAL Coordinator (Accountability) is expected to support the operationalization of the Complaints, Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) for DRC Bangladesh operations. The post holder will serve as the technical focal point for all CFRM-related issues for the DRC Bangladesh programme, and strengthen the quality of existing or establish new complaints and feedback mechanisms through capacity building of staff, regular review CFRM databases and operations, and analysis of information received/trends to improve organizational accountability to beneficiaries and the affected population.
- Support operationalization of DRC Bangladesh’s CFRM for camp-based and host community programme activities
- Disseminate information and promote awareness of DRC’s CFRM guidelines and principles
- Regularly carry out reviews and quality checks of processing of complaints and feedback, specifically in relation to confidential complaints
- Support CFRM staff in identifying CRFM needs and gaps, systematizing intake and feedback loops, and share learning/best practices across CFRM teams
- Deliver CFRM and accountability-related trainings, ensuring comprehension of accountability commitments and processes to roll out accountability systems (including those relating to Code of Conduct and Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation)
- Contribute to relevant CFRM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documentation
- Collate complaints and feedback information from all of DRC Bangladesh’s CFRMs
- Produce regular internal reports on DRC Bangladesh complaint/feedback trends, response procedures, and other CFRM related issues
Education/qualifications: Diploma in Social Sciences, Humanities, Linguistics, Communications or similar field.
Experience: (include years of experience)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an NGO, preferably in a humanitarian response
- Strong analytical skills with prior experience carrying out quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to present data and convey information clearly and concisely and identifying trends
- Prior experience delivering trainings and/or facilitation sessions
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- High proficiency with written English
- Keen attention to detail, particularly in written work
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Prior experience working with Complaints, Feedback and Response Mechanisms of humanitarian organizations
- Knowledge of/Familiarity with Microsoft PowerBI or other data visualization programmes
- Knowledge of/Familiarity with HAP and CHS principles to programming
- Strong database management skills, including familiarity with range of database management software
- Experience of participatory research methods
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.