MEAL Manager- National Staff Only
Orange, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager will support Orange team to ensure quality of Orange’s programmes in Turkey and Syria. The job holder will perform her/his responsibilities from Orange’s Gaziantep office with some visits to project sites.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Establish and grow the MEAL team to respond to growing programme demand as necessary, including implementing the M&E strategy
- Facilitate timely access to monitoring results for programme teams through maintenance of automated analysis system for quantitative data , and through production of summary reports for qualitative information in a timely manner
- Produce quarterly MEAL reports as scheduled for internal and external stakeholders covering all MEAL activity findings from the period to feed into learning events.
- Participate in monthly project achievement review meetings with Programmes team and Grants and Partnership Director to review achievements and targets in the project log-frame.
- Design and test quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level.
- Organising and conducting baseline and needs assessments
- Coordinate with and support Inter-Agency initiatives for monitoring and assessment
- Oversee the implementation and coordination of M&E activities at field level
- Work closely with Orange programme staff, establish monitoring plans, timelines and procedures
- In close collaboration with the Partnership and Grants Director, build on, maintain and implement an Accountability framework for Orange Turkey and Syria Programmes.
- Manage the day to day functions of Orange’s Compliant Response Mechanism, improving processes and procedures for handling complaints and feedback, and working with the Partnership and Grants Director to establish a more robust approach to accountability.
Management of the MEAL Department
- Manage, coordinate and supervise the daily activities and planning of M&E Officers, MEAL Assistants, and Database Assistants
- Ensure team members receive support and direction on tasks and responsibilities, while empowering them to grow in their roles in order to support Orange and its relevant stakeholders.
- Train and support team members to conduct their responsibilities to the highest quality.
- Identify training needs and coaching plans for the MEAL team.
- Supervise the production of reports on M&E activities to support learning of Orange staff and facilitate any follow up.
- Document good practice examples and challenges of monitoring and accountability.
- Coordinate the collection and production of case studies
- Produce learning documents and facilitate and lead learning events
- Identify MEAL team coaching needs, build capacity of team members, and facilitating access to staff in need of training and coaching
- Document lessons learnt and recommendations, and follow-up with programmes teams on the implementation of recommendations through scheduled review
- University education in a relevant discipline preferred
- At least two years of experience in an M&E, accountability, programme quality or related role preferably with a humanitarian/development organization
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of the role and purpose of M&E and accountability for humanitarian/development organisations, and an ability to implement M&E activities in line with this vision
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Strong capacity for M&E analysis and research
- Demonstrated capability to produce high quality monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning reports as part of a Results Based Management approach
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- English language required, Arabic and Turkish highly advantageous;
- Good organizational skills, time management skills, and an ability to prioritize multiple and demanding tasks
- Adaptable, self-motivated, willing to learn and take on extra duties as required;
- Commitment to beneficiary accountability and humanitarian ethics.