Orange, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
General Description of the Organization:
- Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
- Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
- Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
The MEAL Officer is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and reliability of data collected from the field. He/she works closely with the MEAL field team and program teams to provide reliable information for coordination and management decision making and recommendations on projects.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Develop the monitoring and evaluation plans of the projects being implemented through Turkey office in line with the project logical framework and in consultation with the project teams.
- To review and manage the weekly field visit plans of the MEAL staff in projects.
- To ensure that findings are being shared with the project management staff to ensure that the findings are being communicated and rectified timely.
- Conduct the post-implementation monitoring surveys and feedbacks from the stakeholders including the beneficiaries, general public, government departments and the project staff.
- To conduct the need assessments activities in the field and collect the necessary data as per the tools and techniques defined.
- Ensure data received is accurate and useable for integration into the database and reporting.
- Assist in the design of information collection tools and research methodologies and translating these tools and methodologies under the overall supervision of the Grants and Partnership Director.
- Support the collection and management of datasets, including data entry where needed, and verify, clean and update collected data.
- Monitor the accuracy of collected data and the proper link between field data and databases.
- Act as point of contact between field data and database assistants and Orange office.
- Liaise with Orange’s data and database assistants to brief them on upcoming activities, methodologies, and research tools.
- Assist in identifying and implementing training needs for data assistants/database assistants where appropriate
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all potential data collection needs are addressed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact in regards to day-to-day implementation and management of field activities.
- Lead on all project field related activities and oversee their implementation.
- Supervise, lead field staff on project and M&E related activities.
- Reporting on all required donor and programme reports and that includes, monthly, quarterly and final reports.
- Diploma in a social science or related field/ degree in social sciences or related field preferred.
- Experience in participatory assessments, monitoring, and evaluation highly desired. Experience with surveys, customer service, mobile data collection, data processing and analysis are assets.
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities.
- Ability to organize and work independently and within teams.
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel
- Fluency in English. Turkish and Arabic are asset.