The MEAL Officer is primarily responsible for establishing and overseeing a functional MEAL system for the project.
- College degree in social sciences, education, public health, demography, statistics or related field,
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in monitoring and evaluation, research or impact assessment projects, ideally within a social development context
- Functional knowledge of statistics and data processing; experience collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to write clear and effective assessment and project reports
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Good understanding of Philippine development issues and how various social, economic and political issues affect children
- Good knowledge of any Save the Children's thematic areas
- Good analytical and conceptualization skills and ability to think strategically
- Ability to work on own initiative to build on and develop the job, combined with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good writing skills; able to write technical reports, situation reports, etc.
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines and organize work
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Offie Suite applications and statistical packages such as SPSS, Epi Info, etc.
- Must have a high sense of urgency and a well-developed work ethic
- Willingness to travel up to 50% to field sites
Fixed Term position based in Iligan City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.