World Vision , Yumbe, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
The MEAL officer will be responsible for measurement, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning of all activities under the BPRM funded project in Yumbe. He or she will ensure that there is quality project beneficiary data, timely measurement of project baselines, mid and end line evaluations, consistency in the objectives and success indicators of the project and will spearhead the development and timely delivery of relevant project reports. He/she will also be involved in proposal development.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective project monitoring and evaluation system
- Work with the project coordinators to carry out timely project baseline, mid and end line evaluations.
- Support the Project Manager to develop and regularly update project M&E plans and indicator tracking table for use in tracking project progress
- Carry out field monitoring of project interventions
- Providing technical guidance and supervision to all BPRM project staff to ensure efficient implementation of M&E activities.
- Build capacity of BPRM project staff and partners on WVRR and WVU Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, and development programming approaches.
- Support preparation and dissemination of progress reports, end of project reports and others reports as per donor requirements.
- Take Lead in development of impact stories, success stories and case studies for sharing to enhance evidence reporting.
Learning and Accountability
- Take lead in project learning and Reflections and setting up of accountability framework for the project
- Establish and manage an effective project database that will include information on project beneficiaries and key project documents
- Package project information in various ways for use in external engagement and fund raising
- Participate in the development of proposals and concept notes to ensure new funding
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor. This may include representation in meetings
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Development Studies or Social work and Social Administration with a post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years M&E related work experience
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- At least three years’ experience working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with humanitarian programming and implementation
- Excellent demonstrated M&E skills including Data Analysis, situation analysis and problem definition, report writing skills and written communication skills in English
- Excellent Knowledge and use of Mobile data collection tools especially ODK.
- Demonstrated ability to design/formulate monitoring tools.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong leadership, organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets