Under the supervision of Regional Manager and technical guidance of NO MEL Manager, Field MEAL Specialist has overall responsibility quality, outcome and progress monitoring, beneficiary tracking, activity tracking, accountability system and information management of current and potential grants/ PNS and sponsorship funding based projects under domain of the Regional Office. This position is also responsible to
carry out assessment, manage baselines and evaluations under guidance of NO MEL Manager. This ensures that there is a reliable, up-to-date database of information of all program work and is responsible for the timely and accurate evidences that are helpful to make necessary program adjustments for maximum impact on target groups and serves the donor requirement. Furthermore, the Regional MEAL Specialist has to make sure the partner NGOs follow sound monitoring and accountability system as per WVIN MEALS standards.
- Carry out monitoring against quality benchmark, provide feedbacks for any corrective actions based on the monitoring findings, in coordination with Regional Technical Managers.
- Maintain and update database for reporting purposes such as activity tracking, beneficiary tracking and outcome monitoring.
- Ensure necessary data on progress, outcome and quality are obtained,analyzed and shared with the relevant stakeholders
- Manage evaluations, baselines and assessment and carry out necessary technical review to finalize.
- Ensure that all the indicators are measured according to plan and right selection, definition and operationalization of indicators for Grants and PNS projects.
- Ensure quality project reports are submitted in recommended templates from PNGO to Regional Office; and Regional Office to National Office to be submitted to donors.
- Ensure information sharing, consultation and participation and feedback collection are integral part of Projects.
- Update and maintain accountability feedback register in close guidance from Accountability Manager. Follow up and ensure responses are done timely.
- Upload log-frame, ITTs, DIP to Horizon; update and report through the system.
- Prepare monitoring, evaluations, baselines/ survey, accountability plans for all the projects under the Regional Ofice and ensure timely accomplishment of these.
- Ensure timely submission of M&E report to Regional Office in close coordination with NO MEALS
- Ensure M&E Recommendation Tracking system is fully operational with proper follow up and closing loops for the region.
- Provide oversight to field based MEAL staff and ensure they have received necessary support on monitoring and accountability function.
- Build capacity of local NGOs and MEAL Coordinators on outcome and monitoring against quality benchmark, through formal and informal platforms; meeting, workshop, coaching, feedback
- Build capacity of NGOs on data collection, collating and analysis
- Ensure Regional Technical Managers have basic know how on monitoring
- Coordination Role
- Work with CS Unit for mainstreaming CESP Monitoring and use of CS data for monitoring reports
- Work with local governments in the areas regarding data sharing and data collection
- Provide necessary information to Advocacy staff for evidence based advocacy
- Comply local/ provincial government reporting requirement
- Work with NO Accountability Manager to operationalize accountability systems in region
- Work with NO Strategy & Enterprise Risk Management Specialist to update the risk register
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
- Education Master's/ Bachelor’s degree in development studies, economics, public health,agriculture or in the fields suitable for development
- Knowledge & Skills Knowledge of humanitarian industry
- Leadership skill
- Develop qualitative and quantitative methodology
- Sampling techniques, descriptive and inferential statistical methods
- Basic logical frame-work
- SPSS or STATA is essential
- Advanced Excel and quantitative skills
- Demonstrate collaboration & team building skills
- Effective relationship management skills; ability to influence without having authority
- Excellent oral and written English or Nepali communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to structure and manage one’s own work
- At least 3-5 years proven record of monitoring, evaluation and data analysis Essential
- Cross-functional management experience in an I/NGO, UN/ bilateral organizational environment
Work Environment: Travel up to 20% per month