Mechanical & Electrical Draftsperson
UNOPS, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Background Information - Job-specific:
KEMC has its own Design Services Unit (DSU) which consists of design production office and engineering project management cell, consisting of Civil, Structural, M&E Engineers, Architects, Design Associates and Quantity Surveyors. The DSU carries out low risk engineering works and building structures. This generally involves concept designs, feasibility studies and low/medium risk designs that include buildings of up to 2 stories in height (as per the UNOPS design planning manual) and civil works that may include using standard designs of structures for rural roads. High risk building and structure designs are outsourced to specialist design firms.
- Under the overall supervision of the DSU Project Manager and under direct supervision of the Mechanical & Electrical Engineer, the Mechanical & Electrical draftsman will perform the following tasks:
- Assist in preparing and checking Mechanical and Electrical drawings and details as instructed by the Mechanical and Electrical Engineer
- Assist in the standardization of Mechanical and Electrical drawings and the application through CAD software according to standards and specifications of the applicable engineering code and guidelines;
- Assist in checking the Mechanical and Electrical drawings of prepared projects before tendering and ensure that they comply with appropriate guidelines, and facilitate their use and interpretation during the execution of the project;
- Provide assistance, as needed, in the preparation and checking of the Mechanical and Electrical elements under the bill of quantities.
- Secondary Education is required.
- Diploma/technician in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent is an asset
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in the preparation of Mechanical and Electrical drawings
Languages:Fluency in written and oral English is required.