Media and Communication Consultant
UN Women, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in developing and managing the implementation of the programmes’ communication strategy and plan in line with the corporate strategy;
- Support the development of knowledge products based on research findings;
- Set up a web platform to raise awareness, engage the public and upload key knowledge products;
- Provide media and communication support in preparation for and during the launches of the IMAGEs research;
- Oversee the development of an advocacy and communication toolkit for youth;
- Oversee and maintain regional program outreach and produce communication material for public outreach;
- Coordinate communication activities at the regional and national levels.
Expected Places of Travel:
- Travel to countries in the Arab states region where the programmes are implemented may be required for this assignment.
Deliverables (in 8 Months):
- Communication strategy and action plan developed;
- Knowledge products developed and disseminated;
- Web platform installed and actively used by the public;
- The IMAGEs research finding known and cited in key media;
- Advocacy and communication toolkit for youth developed;
- Information relating to the program disseminated on a monthly basis;
- Monthly submission of information about actual progress and constraints;
- Other communication and media duties performed as required.
Monitoring and Reporting Requirements:
- The progress of the work will be delineated and supervised by the Programme Manager and the Regional Communications Specialist.
- The consultant will submit a monthly report on the progress of work.
- Master’s Degree in journalism and communication or related disciplines.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the communication field;
- Traceable record of work on similar projects;
- Communication literacy, electronic networks and software used for communication purposes
- Good experience with social media;
- Familiar with gender issues, and preferable on engaging youth/ boys and men for gender equality.
- Familiar with UN Women and UN system is an asset;
- Significant experience in the Middle East and North Africa is a strong asset.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, French an asset.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=67290