Media and Communications Officer
Amnesty, Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
To lead on facilitating the development and implementation of Amnesty International South Africa’s (AISA’S) brand, media, communications and social media strategy in order to advance the organisation’s human rights agenda and raise awareness of AISA’s work to promote and protect human rights and growth the movement in South Africa.
- Manage all AISA media accounts and for producing and curating content that reflects communications priorities and key messages and speaks effectively to the audience.
- Monitor and moderate comments on social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation.
- Build long-term relationships with influencers and key stakeholders.
- Produce social media content, including photos and short videos, that showcase AISA’s campaigns and focus areas.
- Train relevant members of the AISA team to use media effectively.
- Develop high-impact social media content including graphics, videos and other multimedia formats that effectively inform and engage external audiences and supports AISA’s media and advocacy campaigns.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar position
- Degree in Marketing, Media, Public Relations or Communications
- Excellent portfolio with proven track record of successful project management examples.
- Photo and video-editing skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Experience in web design and content production.
- Use of technology and software.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Represent the organization and interact with all media houses.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Slack and Trello.