Medical Project Coordinator
Syria Relief , Hatay, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Graduate with bachelors in medical/public health/pharmacy or in any related degree in a scientific discipline.
General Work Experience:
- 3 years of project management experience particularly in medical and Nutrition projects, demonstrating a strong knowledge of good clinical practice regulations with good knowledge and exposure to the medical industry. Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Strong project management experience, preferably in the development/humanitarian sector through the private experience may be accepted.
- The coordinator that has the flexibility to deal rapidly with numerous and often simultaneous problems.
- Also patient and good communicator who can function in an organization employing a multi-national staff, and whose sites are geographically disbursed in areas of the country difficult to access during certain periods of the year.
- Languages: Arabic native speaker with good English (writing –reading –speaking), Other language will be desired especially Turkish
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including, excel, word, outlook etc.
- Communication: negotiating, facilitating and presenting
- The Project coordinator will support the project Manager for coordinating and implementing and monitoring health, nutrition and protection activities in the field to ensure that the quality standards are maintained / adhered.
- To respond to humanitarian emergencies under the direction and management of the project manager.
- Assist in health, nutrition, protection and humanitarian needs assessments.
- Provide field support to project health team in project site.
- Support project manager in the planning, development (proposal writing) and implementation of the projects
- Support project manager in compiling timely project reports and ensure the gathering of relevant health data.
- Support project manager in generating monthly medicine consumption reports from the field.
- Support Nutrition coordinator in planning and implementing community health and hygiene activities and training of CHW teams. Work closely with Syria Relief health staff and other staff to meet health project objectives and targets.
- Provide the necessary information for the monthly update and review monthly health staff payrolls.
- Adhere to Syria Relief Code of Conduct and accepted humanitarian principles.
- Follow all Syria Relief rules and regulations.
- Any other tasks as requested by the project manager.
Health and Nutrition Project Management
- Support project Manager to assigned health project(s) in order to meet the project objectives within budget and within the allotted time frame
- support project Manager to Provide strong leadership of the assigned health project(s), working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local health authorities (where applicable) and local health staff.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff.
- Provide coaching and technical supervision to staff.
- Assess the training needs of health staff and ensure that appropriate training is conducted.
- Support the logistics activities of health staff.
- Liaise with the health, logistics and finance staff.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability