Fhi 360, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Performs research development with senior research staff to develop, implement, manage, and conduct research studies. Makes detailed evaluations, observations, analyzes data and interprets results using qualitative/quantitative methods and statistics. Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Prepares research concepts and proposals following established policies and procedures.
- Conducts data analysis, data reviews, and reporting of research data for evaluation and quality.
- Assists with the design and implementation of research studies, including the sampling, recruitment, and statistical analysis
- Ensures compliance with government regulations when writing and reviewing protocols, analysis plans, reports, and manuscripts.
- Develops training materials and conducts training for study implementation based on company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provides input with questionnaire development, analysis, study design, and material management.
- Plans, organizes, and manages resources/processes for successful completion of study goals.
- Develops and implements protocols and informed consents for research studies. Provides guidance on any protocol related issues.
- Manages and oversees budget for one or more research projects.
- Develops, reviews, and maintains key study documents to ensure adequate resource and reference documentation.
- May act as team lead and mentors staff on training, systems, policies, and regulations.
- Serves as the liaison with internal and external partners to ensure effective collaboration efforts.
- Oversees planning of meetings, site visits, and drafting necessary documents.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures for conducting research studies under government regulations.
- Strong knowledge of software programs used to perform data analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis or interpretation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Supervision Given/Received:
- Receives methods and procedures on new studies.
- Provides suggestions on business and operational decisions that affect the department.
- Serves as team lead to team members.
- Typically reports to a Manager/Director.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of research or evaluation experience with manuscripts, and study implementation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. spreadsheets, analytical software and other technology required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Related prior work experience preferred.