Fhi 360, Ukraine
Closing Date for Applications:
The MEL/CLA Advisor will play a lead role in the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan by developing appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of program data, and recommending changes to annual work plans or data collection techniques as needed.
The MEL/CLA Advisor will also train project staff and liaise with USAID/Ukraine on M&E reporting requirements and program learning strategies.
- Refine the design of the program M&E system, clearly identifying the users and the utility of the data/information;
- Refine M&E indicators and adapt M&E tools to meet program needs, which may include pre- and post- tests, focus group interview protocols, community survey tools, and baseline, mid-term, and end-line survey instruments;
- Manage and safeguard data collection, train program staff, and supervise M&E activities of staff and sub-contractors;
- Liaise with the USAID Mission on the design of M&E tools and on modifications to M&E system;
- Analyze all data collected and advise program management on needed program revisions; and
- Contribute to written performance reports for funder and other program deliverables.
- Work with grantees to ensure accurate information flow including guidance/support on grantee data collection, measurement and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in social science, management, international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field; Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience; three (3) years in developing country (especially East European) preferred;
- Experience managing and executing monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded programs, including experience monitoring and evaluating policy reform and/or capacity development activities;
- Demonstrated abilities in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies appropriate to complex change processes and capacity development, and in knowledge management and organizational learning;
- Experience coordinating with governments, ministries and/or local NGOs, as well as local communities, for design and implementation of surveys and other data collection techniques, including those that address capacity weaknesses, preferred;
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams;
- Oral and written fluency in Ukrainian and English required.
- Ability to effectively use statistical analysis software such as STATA and SPSS.