MHPSS Field Technical Advisor
Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion, Colombia
Closing Date for Applications:
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in 63 countries; for further information about the association: www.hi.org.
- HI is implementing an intervention through local partners, with the aim to improve the living conditions of the most vulnerable population, including persons with disabilities, by ensuring access to inclusive and quality services & livelihoods through a multi-sectoral response. The response includes inclusive humanitarian action, protection, physical and functional rehabilitation and MHPSS support, as well as access to food through cash-based transfers (vouchers).
- An adaptation of the project activities has recently been adopted to adjust to the Covid-19 related movement restrictions and health prevention necessary measures.
- Under the responsibility of the Operations Manager, The MHPSS Technical Adviser will be in charge of ensuring the quality of MHPSS activities in the Health Project. Working closely with the Project Manager and the technical Project Officer, she/he will give technical recommendations and will frame the activities to respect the HI MHPSS scope of intervention in emergency context. Strong emphasis will be put on assessing and supporting HI partner organisations implementing the health activities and MHPSS service providers delivering services to project beneficiaries.
- In close link with other sectors, with the Operations Manager and the regional technical unit based in Bogota, the MHPSS Technical Adviser will actively participate to the continuous assessment and analysis of the context, needs, gaps and resources to make technical recommendations in the development of the programme strategy.
She/he will be responsible for:
- Technical support
- Program strategy, in close link with the Operations Manager and the other Technical specialists
- Internal and external Coordination
The complete Job Description will be shared with short-listed candidates.
- advanced degree in Psychology, Psychosocial or Social Work
- at least 2 years of experience in Psychological services and humanitarian response
- experience of training and technical supervision in the field of Psychosocial support and Protection with NGOs, preferably involving local partners
- demonstrable experience and/or understanding of the protection sector
- previous experience of providing training and using MhGAP and PM+ is an asset
- experience in disability and emergency would be an asset
- previous experience with HI is a strong asset
- knowledge of the sectors and professions in which HI operates is an asset
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- strong interpersonal and multicultural skills
- proven organisational skills is necessary
- Spanish and English are mandatory (oral and written)