Micro Finance Services Lead
Mercy Corps, Port Au Prince, Haiti
Closing Date for Applications:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In partnership with the Sr. M&E Officer, design the required assessments related to the provision of financial services in Canaan including: KAP survey on financial services (knowledge, attitudes, and practices), assessment of market demand for different financial products and their viability
- Analysis of assessment data in a format that can be disseminated and discussed externally.
- Data from assessments and ongoing monitoring are continually used as a basis for decision making and adjustments to approaches and activities.
- Participate in baseline and endline evaluations.
- Ensure ongoing gender analysis of context and activities.
- All financial services field staff are continually receiving capacity building and professional development in market systems mapping and analysis, gender analysis, employability and job creation, and business development services.
- Ensure highest quality interventions based on primary data and information in accordance with industry best practice and Mercy Corps quality standards.
- Facilitate design sessions and regular (no less than monthly) team meetings to reflect on progress, challenges, and any necessary adjustments.
- Meet regularly financial institutions, private sector actors, and entrepreneurs active in Canaan to ensure coordination and leveraging of initiatives and that services are corresponding to demand and capacity of institutions and clients.
- Potential private sector investors in financial services are identified and engaged.
- Presentations to donors and government as required.
- Provide contributions to reports required by the donor.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters in economics, business development, finance, or entrepreneurship with at least 3 years of field experience or Bachelors with at least 7 years of field experience.
- Demonstrated experience in designing interventions or initiatives (non-profit or private sector) resulting in the successful delivery of sustainable financial services.
- Understanding of particular challenges and needs specific to women and youth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with M&E, information, communications and knowledge sharing technologies and use of innovative approaches on digital financial services
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as familiarity with financial accounting required;
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory;
- Willingness to spend much time in the field and work closely with program target groups.
- Advanced level French or English (both preferred), Creole a plus