International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Planning, Policy and Strategy
- Manage and coordinate the IFRC migration programme for the Asia Pacific Region.
- Develop, promote, implement and deliver results against the IFRC Asia Pacific Migration Strategy, based on the IFRC Plan and Budget 2016-2020, the Fundamental Principles, the Policy on Migration 2009 and the Resolution on Migration 2011.
- Identify, recruit and manage the Asia Pacific Migration Team (comprised of IFRC and NS colleagues, focal points and others).
- Mange the IFRC Asia Pacific Migration budget, in accordance with agreed sign-off and reporting requirements.
- Mobilize resources for migration programmes and activities in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Lead the IFRC Asia Pacific work with National Societies on migration.
- Co-ordinate support to build the capacity of National Societies on migration; ensure that National Societies are well supported in developing, implementing and managing programmes on migration; including humanitarian assistance, protection and advocacy, and adapting their existing services and programmes to meet the particular needs of vulnerable migrants.
- Identify and share targeted and innovative approaches and best practices that National Societies can use to support and protect vulnerable migrants; facilitate opportunities to go to scale and for enhancement of funding for National Societies on migration related programmes and activities.
- Enhance the participation of migrants in the design and implementation of National Society programmes and services; encourage National Societies to engage migrants as volunteers, staff and members of their National Societies.
- Provide expert support and advice on migration issues across the Asia Pacific region, including legal and policy issues, to IFRC colleagues, National Societies, Movement partners and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate tailor made and standard training on Migration issues and promote linkages to cross-cutting themes such as Asia Pacific Gender and Diversity, Gender-based Violence, Migration, Social Inclusion, Youth and related work (and develop a roster of National Society focal points in the region who could lead on this).
- Coordinate the delivery of a range of knowledge and capacity building tools that support learning and innovation, on the vulnerabilities and potential of migrants, the mandate and position of the Movement to address migration, relevant normative frameworks and best practices in humanitarian action related to migration.
Coordination, Networking and Partnerships
- Ensure an effective and coordinated approach to Migration across the Movement, based on the Fundamental Principles, the Regional Strategy for Migration, The Policy on Migration and the Resolution on Migration.
- Identify and encourage opportunities for national, cross-border and regional Movement coordination on migration; including collaboration, peer-to peer mechanisms and other, as required.
- Coordinate and facilitate streamlining and inclusion of PNSs in the Regional and National migration initiatives
- Support and develop regional and global platforms for cooperation (and peer learning) on migration, including the Asia Pacific Migration Network and the Global Migration Task Force (e.g. liaise with Leadership on their support to regional networks, support agenda setting for meetings and schedules for webinars, seek funding and propose areas of focus for trainings and face to face meetings, and determine a mechanism through which regional networks' views and needs will be represented in other appropriately linked IFRC-wide platforms).
- Represent the IFRC and develop, facilitate and manage external partnerships at the community, national, regional and international levels.
Knowledge Management and Advocacy
- Promote the mandate and responsibility of the Movement to address the humanitarian needs of migrants
- Ensure balanced and informed communications and advocacy that facilitate support for the work of the Movement to address the humanitarian needs of migrants.
- Develop partnerships with academic and policy institutions to support evidence-based programme design and humanitarian diplomacy.
- Support National Societies to strengthen media engagement capacity and develop contextualized messaging.
- Support National Societies in leveraging their auxiliary role and influencing legal and policy development, application and change.
Effective Matrix Management
- Work across thematic areas and teams, including Disaster and Crisis Prevention, Response and Recovery; Policy, Strategy and Knowledge; Health; Livelihoods; Shelter; Building a Culture of Non Violence and Peace and Social Inclusion.
- Support institutional and emergency preparedness for potential migration crises in the region (whether national, cross border, regional or at sea); ensure that the specific vulnerabilities of migrants are addressed in disaster and crisis preparedness, response and recovery.
- Advanced degree in International Law, Human Rights Law, International Relations, Refugee Law or related field
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in migration, displacement, human rights and protection issues; with a superlative grasp of migration issues and trends in the Asia Pacific region Experience of management and supervision of staff Demonstrated experience in programme design and implementation related to migration Experience in the provision of high-quality technical and policy advice to stakeholders at all levels of organizational hierarchy on migration and displacement issues Experience in humanitarian diplomacy in negotiating support and involvement from beneficiaries, partner organizations, donors and government on migration matters Experience working within the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement preferred, or a humanitarian aid organization, in a developing country and/or working with displaced and/or vulnerable communities;
- Experience working in a team environment, with remote team members Experience in legal/academic writing and drafting is preferred
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills Strong research and analytical skills Excellent knowledge of International Law, Refugee Law, Human Rights, Humanitarian Law and other legal and normative frameworks related to migration Awareness of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Gender and Diversity Strategy aligned with Strategy 2020; and its operational plan is preferred The ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to build effective partnerships and maintain working relationships within the organisation and with external partners Ability to gather, analyse, and evaluate facts and prepare and present concise oral and written reports for internal and external audiences Computer skills - competency in the use of relevant software and other applications, such as word processing,
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/job-description/?id=3360