UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, innovate.
In collaboration with the Innovations team, a new tool “NeuroDB” was developed in 2019 to solve all the issues encountered in spreadsheets and help in viewing online dashboards in an interactive way and made it easy to move between the results of each section. Besides, a Humanitarian Performance Monitoring report view was produced and updated automatically after it was a suffering procedure to connect many dashboards based on excel to one sheet using Excel formulas. Having all results of all databases in one place and connected to other data sources is identified as one of the key capabilities of NeuroDB.
Despite the achievements noticed in NeuroDB, the system still needs improvements and further development to acquire new ActivityInfo Databases of 2020, more systematic and friendly display of partnerships management, links to PDs and PCAs as well as more insights towards donors contribute. The overall aim is to improve the quality of our data through proper and accurate monitoring mechanism. Neuro DB will act a major internal monitoring system used by those who work with partners, monitoring officers, information managers and budget officers.
The purpose of this assignment is to guide the developer of the NeuroDB in general and Integrated online dashboards in specific.
How can you make a difference?
The main objective of the consultant is to improve the current Information Management System and work closely with both Information Management Officer and Innovation Officer to get the most benefit of NeuroDB at least till the end of the current programme cycle. identify and map key actors involved in supplying, receiving, collecting, analyzing data, data security and ethical considerations, and data-sharing agreements.
The consultant is expected to take the lead in developing and refining the NeuroDB System. The activities include but not limited to:
- Update system functionalities according to new business requirements and needs
- Creation of all dashboards based on 2020 AWPs
- Incorporate all requests/changes such as changes in database objects and relationships among the objects, system workflows, core modules if required, and other necessary and critical changes which impact the overall working functionalities of the platform after conducting an extensive need assessment exercise
- Develop a data visualization page on NeuroDB based on a cube analysis of all imported databases
- Create data visualizations in the system directly and work on PowerBI to create interactive reports upon request
- Expected Tasks and Deliverables
- Create a script to import indictors data from ActivityInfo databases using the API
- Create a script to import monthly data from ActivityInfo databases using an existing R script
- Create the backend automated script to do indicators pre-calculations twins a month
- Develop the ActivityInfo dashboard interface to reflect the 2020 AWP structure.
- Script tested and implemented in the NeuroDB tom import indicators and monthly reports
- Scheduled tasks tested and implement in the NeuroDB server
- ActivityInfo dashboard developed, tested and implemented
- Make the ActivityInfo dashboard a User-friendly interface by using filters, data search, export
- Adjust and improve the existing HPM dashboard and adopt it to the new ActivityInfo structure
- Automate the data importing process form eTools
- Link the Partnership data form eTools with the Indicators data from ActivityInfo
- Develop the disability dashboard for the ActivityInfo for all databases
- Develop the Indicators disaggregation results and intervention mapping in NeuroDB using ArcGIS maps embedded java scripts with the following filters available: Governorate, District, Donor, Partner
- ActivityInfo dashboard interface developed and tested with UX interface
- HPM dashboard improved, tested and implemented in the NeuroDB
- Database link established between Partnership and ActivityInfo
- Dashboard developed and tested and validated based on the requested requirements.
- Develop an image processing script to read and validate HACT reports following certain conditions
- Enhance the HACT dashboard interface including adjustment and enhancement of Programmatic visits analysis matrix to reflect number of visits by type of visit, status, date, Partner, section and Office
- Enhance the Partnership management module to represent partner’s interventions visually (charts and maps)
- Develop a dashboard to explore ActivityInfo interventions funded by a Donors (ArcGIS JS, Charts, etc.)
- Script delivered, implemented and tested on the HACT reports files.
- HACT calculation matrix developed tested and validated.
- Partnership interventions dashboard developed using charts and map and tested.
- Donor mapping developed using ArcGIS JS, tested and implemented.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A University degree in Computer Science or related field such as Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience with demonstrated results in the majority of the following areas: Software development, Information Technology, Information Systems etc.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge in Arabic and/or another UN language is an asset.
- Excellent software development skills with Python, Django.
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or similar databases.
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and analysis databases (OLAP).
- Good knowledge in visualization tools such as PowerBI, tableau, ArcGIS or similar tools.