UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
All human development and human rights issues have gender dimensions. UN Women focuses on priority areas that are fundamental to women’s equality, and that can unlock progress across the board. Six focus areas that UN Women include violence against women, economic empowerment, leadership and participation, peace and security, national planning and budgeting and intergovernmental processes.
UN Women’s Multi Country Office, based in New Delhi, India, covers four countries of the region i.e. Bhutan, India, Maldives, and Sri Lanka. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit is a cross cutting unit which leads and provides technical support to the programme units in developing and implementing monitoring processes across the portfolios and evaluating the programme results. The consultant will play a critical role in supporting the Unit in delivering the M&E Workplan for the year 2018 - 2019.
The consultant will work under the overall supervision of the M&E Analyst, UN Women India MCO.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- The consultant will coordinate with all the programme units to collect information against the UN Women Annual Work Plan 2018, collate the annual result and upload documents on Results Management System (RMS).
- Based on inputs received, capture key results and achievements, across thematic pillars and range of stakeholders, on a regular basis to compile quarterly and the annual reports
- Support the final evaluation of the RNE supported programme on Gender Responsive Governance and assessments of UN Women India MCO (including but not limited to)
- Support the ongoing Impact Assessment of various schemes and initiatives being undertaken
- Support the publishing of two reports - Impact Assessment of Shaurya Dal programme and Impact Assessment of Mahila Salah evam Sahayata Kendra, Government of Rajasthan
- Support the M&E unit relating to coordination with operations on procurement, contracting, finance functions and settlement of travel reimbursements.
- Coordinate with programme units on scheduled monitoring visits and ensuring the monitoring mission reports are in place
- Maintenance of all records/documents/files relating to the unit and related programmes in a user-friendly manner
- Support monitoring of the financial expenditure as per the M&E Annual work plan for effective financial delivery and any other work assigned by the unit lead.
- Monthly work plan;
- Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Reports
- Monitoring Mission Report
- Assessment Reports
- Evaluation reports
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Focuses on impact and result for the partners and responds positively to feedback.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related Social Sciences.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience of working on development projects;
- At least five year of experience in monitoring and evaluation, particularly in the context of governance and/or rural development projects;
- Knowledge of and experienced in project cycle management and well versed in logical frameworks;
- Previous experience with M&E for International Agencies including the UN System is desirable.
Desired skills and experience:
- Concept clarity on project planning and monitoring, including logical frameworks and indicators;
- Excellent analytical skills and prior experience of both quantitative and qualitative data analyses;
- Working knowledge of gender and sex disaggregated statistics would be an asset;
- Good writing skills and the ability to explain technical terms in a non-technical language;
- Previous exposure to gender related projects, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and M&E assignments.
Language: Fluency in English and working knowledge of Hindi.