Project Overview and Role
Palladium is a consortium member of the USAID funded Data for Impact (D4I) Project. The D4I mission is to support countries to realize the power of data as evidence that can improve programs, policies, and outcomes. The D4I strengthens the technical and organizational capacity of local partners to collect, analyze, and use data to support their move to self-reliance.
Palladium is currently seeking a M&E Associate to support its work through D4I in Moldova over a period of three years. In the first year of the D4I project, there will be two main areas of work:
- 1) development and piloting of a longitudinal case management information system; and
- 2) capacity strengthening activities including indicator development, data quality and use of information, and governance of the care reform sector as it pertains to use of data for decision making.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The M&E Associate is a full-time position. The Associate will provide ongoing technical assistance, mentoring and implementation support particularly in the second area of work mentioned above.
- Provide training and follow-up support to community social workers and relevant municipal and rayon staff from social assistance and family protection directorates for the piloting of routine monitoring indicators for alternative care of children in three rayons and Chisinau municipality
- Support the development of case management performance indicators and indicators on violence against children. Mapping, identification and drafting of indicator reference sheets, based on consultations with key stakeholders
- Provide on-the-job mentoring to the National Social Work Agency (the M&E Associate will be co-located in the Agency) to strengthen its capacity to provide supportive supervision for data review meetings at municipal/rayon level with respect to M&E; contribute to the development of an induction guide for new staff members and supportive supervision guidelines
- Map the M&E structures and related staffing of municipal/rayon social assistance and family protection directorates
- Support the training of municipal/rayon social assistance and family protection directorates and SAPPs in data demand and data use