Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
The purpose of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of M&E and ensure that urgent and sensitive complaints are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner. M&E Assistant will be reporting to M&E Officer. The position will be based in Basra city.
- Responsible for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating community feedback about NRC’s interventions and ensuring community feedback is fed back into the project cycle management.
- Providing useful and constructive information to target communities about NRC’s programs.
- Responsible for improving the Community Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) in coordination with the M&E Officer/Coordinator.
- Ensure that all received complaints are registered and recorded in the complaint registration database according to the provided guidelines.
- Ensure that all complaints are managed, compiled and, if needed, forwarded to relevant staff member as per described instruction included in the complaint mechanism manual.
- Ensure that all the complaints are followed up closely with relevant department in order to resolve them within 2 working weeks (14 days).
- Ensure the confidentiality of complaints data is respected, and this information is not shared with any irrelevant staff members or external person/ organization
- Ensuring that information about NRC programmes and approaches are available to target communities, notably through the development of visibility leaflets, community orientation sessions, etc.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the M&E Officer/Coordinator.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A university graduate in social sciences, economic, statistics, psychosocial or related field at least (1) one year of experience from working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context. Previous experience from working in complex and volatile.contexts. Knowledge of spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Contract period: Six(6) months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Basra,Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For full position details please click on Job Description