Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
FHI 360, Chivi, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
The M&E Assistant works under the direct supervision of the District Team Leader (DTL) and will be technically supported by the National M&E Officer. S/he will work to support the Nurse Tester(NT) in M&E related activities for FHI 360 Zimbabwe at district level. S/he collaborates closely with other colleagues at facility/district level to provide data management support.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in M&E processes, data collection, surveys and data quality requirements at district level.
- Support in the review and checking of data generated being in line with the ZHCT M&E reporting requirements.
- Prepare, sort and check all patients’ records for verification and making sure that accurate data is being entered in the registers and DHIS2 database.
- Establish entry priorities by maintaining understanding of what data needs to be entered first
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, changing or deleting entered information
- Secure entered information by performing routine data backups as required, on database and tablets and ensuring total confidentiality of patient’s information.
- Assisting NT’s in using project’s digital systems and application software
- Check completed work for accuracy, liaise with supervisor for incomplete records and make any required changes as required.
- Ensures a proper filing system for both hard and soft copies
- Respond to information access and retrieval requests from authorized members
- Check source documents against entered data to ensure data integrity at every stage.
- Produce automated data entry and integration reports when requested.
- Use data for District planning, programming and assessment of performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding data management and well-developed computer skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
- Willing to ride a motor bike
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Demography or any related field.
- At least one year relevant experience in providing M&E support for community HIV programs.
- Sound practical knowledge in using computer programs.
- Good reading and writing skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.