Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
Chemonics , Germany
Closing Date for Applications:
Chemonics seeks a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) associate to support the Injaz II Program. Injaz is an ongoing early grade education and grants program in Syria. The M&E associate, based in Berlin, Germany, will report directly to the M&E manager and assist with the collection and storage of accurate M&E data from local partners that provide remedial education. The associate will also work on report writing, translation, and electronic file maintenance. This position is not required to travel inside Syria and has a five-day workweek. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Organize data collection based on guidance received from the M&E manager and in accordance with the project’s results management plan
- Contribute to data quality and integrity by conducting remote spot-checks to verify data and investigate data anomalies
- Compile relevant data on project indicators for contractual reports
- Translate weekly reports on implemented activities for review by the M&E manager
- Support the collection of quantitative data for quarterly reports and donor requests for information
- Work with field staff to ensure understanding of roles and responsibilities in data collection and M&E
- Develop and share databases and formats for reporting information
- Validate Kobo-toolbox data in preparation for report writing
- Participate in work planning sessions as needed
- Experience collecting data remotely or at the community level.
- Proficiency entering data into databases and Microsoft Office
- Experience with report writing and editing.
- Ability to submit work on time under intense deadlines
- Ability to communicate with team members and diverse stakeholders
- Submission of documentation confirming ability to legally work in Berlin required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in speaking and writing Arabic and proficiency in speaking and writing English required