Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Mosul, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
Role and responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of country office (CO) M&E framework and SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Lead area level programs / needs assessments and support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection, as needed.
- Support data analysis ( programmatic and contextual) to support quality program development
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between programme and M&E staff.
- Support programme staff in handling and responding to feedback and in a manner that strengthens the response to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate with project teams and departments for accountability related activities including community engagement to increase compliance and improve feedback systems.
- Provide technical support to area staff to establish and follow up on joint community feedback and response mechanisms in the target locations.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring, verification of project implementation and ensure that monitoring data is reported on a timely manner to relevant program and managerial staff
- Contribute to area-level M&E concept note development and participate in log frame design during project proposal and planning process
- Oversee the implementation of beneficiary service referrals for service within NRC and external agencies
- Capacity building and training of program staff on M&E and accountability technical and conceptual areas, as needed
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by M&E Coordinator
- University bachelor's degree in a related fields, such as social science, economics, operations research, quantitative analysis, or other related fields.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an international/local non-governmental organization (I/NGO) preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making.
- Experience in facilitating the capacity-building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Contract Duration: 6 months ( with the possibility of extension)
- Duty Station: Nenawa - based Mosul with traveling 60% to other intervention areas.
- Health Insurance is provided
- Salary: G7/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.