Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
World Vision, Lebanon
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The MEAL Coordinator also known as Evidence, Learning and Accountability (ELA) Coordinator is responsible to implement a functional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system at field level. He/she provides support to the programmes and operations departments in designing, monitoring and evaluating all projects’ interventions. Moreover, he/she works with the direct supervisor in the coordination and/or the implementation of projects’ baselines and evaluations, as well as the implementation of standardized MEAL processes and tools for all sectors at field level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS Degree in international development, international relations, public health, nutrition, statistics, community development, or other relevant discipline is required
- Minimum two to three years of experience in working in a relief or development NGO with a focus on M&E processes - preferably in both response and development settings.
- Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems, including qualitative and quantitative approaches to baselines, monitoring and evaluations is required
- Good working knowledge of statistical packages (Excel, etc.) is required
- Very good knowledge of ODK database/SMAP server
- Expert data handling skills (classification, categorizing, tabulation etc.) and demonstrates diligence in data management
- Good knowledge of information presentation techniques (graphing, charting, tabling etc.) and interpreting them
- Information dissemination skills is required
- Good knowledge of and experience with humanitarian guidelines and principles.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Organization, planning, and time management skills
- Detailed oriented and able to verify data quality
- Communicates with integrity to different stakeholders (strong interpersonal skills)
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships
- Ability to understand, explain and contextualize MEAL tools
- High level communications skills
- Ability to build positive relationships in a cross cultural environment
- Valid driving license (in Lebanon) for more than 2 years is required
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking Arabic and English
- Preferred working knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS etc.)
- Understands fundraising, relief, development and advocacy issues, including operational consequences
- Understands international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g. HAP, SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, etc)
- The position requires ability to attend and participate in capacity building opportunities, trainings and meetings locally and internationally as required by the organization
- Preferred experience working in multiple areas across Lebanon, including one or more of Akkar, Bekaa, Beirut and South areas.
- The position requires a mnimum of 30% field-based in the South, North and Bekaa.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.
- The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally