Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- The role of the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (M&E) is to establish and implement systems to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management. The M&E Coordinator will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on programme scale, relevance, and effectiveness. Within this context, the M&E Coordinator will provide technical support to in-country staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the country mission by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful M&E systems. The position holder will be directly responsible for supporting the Are Manager in the design and implementation of M&E plans (with relevant input) and for ensuring compliance with NRC’s M&E framework and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E procedures, guidance, and tools.
- Support programme staff in developing data collection methodologies and tools and in data management, analysis and use.
- Encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning based on M&E findings.
- Ensure the dissemination and use of NRC best practices, approaches, standards and indicators in M&E.
- Ensure that data management and clear information flows between programme and M&E staff remains aligned with the M&E SOP.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Manage the M&E plan for the area office and complete the data collection.
- Support tool development, coding and translation.
- Analyse outcome monitoring data and facilitate data interpretation sessions.
- Complete quality checks on core competency activities and report findings to area and Beirut management as per the SOP.
- Highlight to PMs and EAL coordinators identified overlap between data collection tools at the field level for review.
- Review output reporting in DHIS2 on a monthly basis and contribute to trimester reporting to the regional office.
- Provide ongoing capacity building for programme staff.
- Support Beirut IM team in the development and roll out of IM tools for data collection exercises.
- Identify and collate M&E capacity building needs across programme staff; develop an area level training calendar (with input from AM and M&E manager).
- Support the fieldwork for evaluations and needs assessments.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- NRC programmes in BML.
- EAL coordinators in Beirut office.
- NRC Support unit (finance, logistics, administration and human resources).
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Political or Social Sciences, Quantitative or Statistical Analysis, or any other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant M&E experience in a professional environment, preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Experience with and knowledge of current approaches to M&E in relief and development programs
- Understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision-making
- Demonstrable experience participating in assessments or surveys in Arabic
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative methods; this should include survey development, facilitating KIIs and FGDs, and basic data analysis (desirable)
- Experience in survey coding using Kobo or ODK (desirable)
- Experience with SPSS, STATA, Power BI or R (desirable)
- High level English proficiency (speaking, reading, writing); ability to translate concepts into Arabic
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)