Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Pakistan. The Pakistan Youth Development Project (PYDP) will focus on preparing youth for workforce participation by providing them with educational opportunities and supporting them in identifying employment or entrepreneurial opportunities.
The M&E Director is responsible for overseeing all Monitoring and Evaluation activities and will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP).
Reporting & Supervision: The M&E Director reports to the COP.
- M&E systems put in place to gather and analyze high-quality data.
- High-quality M&E data collected, analyzed and utilized to inform project operations.
- Make operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E;
- Manage data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts;
- Develop the Project Management Plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure project progress;
- Lead writing of quarterly technical and financial reports; and
- Utilize critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- At least five (5) years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities;
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation;
- Experience working in an M&E role on an economic growth, TVET or workforce development program;
- Knowledge of USG and other donor contract, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations. S/he should be resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building and, with minimal supervision, be able to manage high volume work flow;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
- Previous experience working in the region and on economic growth programs in insecure environments is desirable but not required;
- Experience working in Pakistan is highly desirable, but not required; and
- Fluency in English is required.