Monitoring and Evaluation Field Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
The NRC Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) unit supports management in program structure, systems, and tools to measure the impact of NRC Lebanon’s work. The Monitoring and Evaluation Field Assistant supports the M&E coordinator at the field level to contribute to quality programming and organisational learning through the implementation of outcome monitoring, assessments, FGDs and other learning activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct participatory monitoring activities with NRC beneficiaries to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of assistance; or on demand as part of programmes needs assessments and outcomes monitoring and follow up activities.
- Ensure accurate and word to word data collection and recording entry, cleaning, compiling and upload.
- conduct quality check visits with NRC beneficiaries and to NRC program sites.
- Assist the M&E coordinator to carry out the weekly work plan.
- Assist the M&E coordinator with administrative and logistic requirements of the M&E Team.
- Assist with all other duties as required by the M&E unit.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Undertake field monitoring trips to conduct household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, focus group discussions, and community visits;
- Communicate planning updates when the team is separated;
- Follow through with FGD and interview protocol for data collection;
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the M&E coordinator;
- Ensure monitoring schedule, data collection targets, and reporting deadlines are adhered to;
- Organize and conduct interviews, household interviews, and focus group discussions, as instructed;
- Attend the training on the methodology, approach, data collection tools, and measures to protect subjects;
- Email completed FGD and interview note taking sheets following each day of data collection;
- Prepare periodic monitoring reports (as required)
- Identify and refer/report individuals with special needs, protection concerns, and any problems with NRC services to M&E coordinator and relevant program staff
- Support all programs as needed by cleaning and uploading collected data into their respective databases
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, humanities, quantitative/qualitative research methods, public health, or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in data collection (in Arabic) as part of a research team – preferably in social work, community development, non-government, and/or outreach organizations.
- IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Access experience preferred).
- Fluency in English both written and orally. Ability to fluently translate concepts into Arabic.
- Ability to follow discussion between approximately 8 people and write down key points and quotes.
- Basic knowledge of current approaches to M&E in relief and development programs (desirable).
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative methods; this should include survey development, facilitating KIIs and FGDs, and basic data analysis (desirable).
- Experience using Digital Data collection applications (e.g., ODK, KoboCollect).