Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
FHI 360, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
The M&E Intern supports the M&E Manager and the Database Officer in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for FHI 360 Zimbabwe. S/he supports in the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E and provision of wide-ranging technical input in data management processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with data management, cleaning, and quality control.
- Assists in data verification for information posted on paper tools and computer.
- Contribute to data analysis
- Reviews monitoring reports analyse them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation
- Support staff members in setting up systems for program M&E;
- Assist with the design, development and adaptation of M&E tools for data collection and analysis;
- Assist with research and writing or editing;
- Regularly supports the M&E Manager in production of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assists in developing presentations for program review meetings and other relevant events
- Ensure that provincial teams adhere to FHI 360 M&E Quality Management System e.g. data flow (processes and procedures for data flow, collecting forms), and use of the FHI 360 M&E databases;
- Ensure all relevant project staff can utilize the project database to analyze program information and results
- Assist with backup and recovery of all databases and their management.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure data security.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Basic knowledge and experience in M& E.
- Have a high level of computer literacy Statistical analysis capability
- Demonstrate excellent writing and analytical skills
- Have an ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines required; flexibility to changing situations and priorities desired
- Willing to deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of university degree in Social Sciences, Demography or relevant equivalent.
- A Health Information Systems (HIS) or ICT postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Sound understanding/training in the use of databases.
- Basic practical knowledge of statistics, the use of statistical software and other relevant computer programs.