About Population Foundation of India (PFI)
The Population Foundation of India (PFI) is a national non-government organization at the forefront of policy advocacy and research on population, health and development issues in the country. Today, PFI leads advocacy efforts and works as a think-tank dedicated to promoting and advocating effective formulation and implementation of gender sensitive population, health and development policies, strategies, and programs in the country. Knowledge Management is one of the organizational strategies to generate the evidences and inform the advocacy efforts of PFI.
Besides implementing projects, PFI has played a significant role in giving grants to Indian non-government organizations. Since its inception, PFI has funded more than 375 projects across the country and continues to make grants focusing on its priority areas. The projects aim to reach the most marginalized, vulnerable and underserved communities, with poor demographic and socio-economic indicators when compared to the rest of the country. Over the years, PFI has played a catalytic role to create an enabling environment for policy advocacy on issues relating to gender equality, women empowerment and other social determinants. PFI is committed to serving the economically weak and marginalized sections of society in the high priority districts (HPDs) with poor socio-health-demographic indicators.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support the Manager- Monitoring and Evaluation (Manager -M&E) in designing programme monitoring & evaluation framework, measuring the results and documentation of the progress. S/he will lead in implementation of all programme M&E activities. S/he will responsible for generating latest data, evidences and other information on family planning, women’s health and other related issuesto be used for advocacy efforts.
- Support Manager - M&E in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of projects activities;
- Support Manager-M&E in developing management information systems (MIS) with appropriate feedback mechanisms to inform progress of projects implemented and supported by PFI (at the level of organization – for top management and at the level of program implementation – for project heads);
- Support in developing the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for tracking of deliverables (outputs and outcomes) agreed in the projects in consultation with Manager-Monitoring and Evaluation and Head- Core Grants and Knowledge Management;
- Implement the M&E activities of all projects in timely manner;
- Support programme staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress;
- Assist the programme team with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use;
- Support core partners and sub-grantees in finalizing M&E plan, Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and identify key indicators;
- Provide technical inputs (such as data, statistics) to all on-going projects in development of various instruments like budgets, work plans, monitoring formats, process documentation etc.;
- Support Manager, M&E in developing the MIS for the organization and operational level for all projects.
- Promote a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts;
- Provide support in documentation of project results, case studies and other information;
- Support programme team in preparing monthly, quarterly and final narrative donors reports;
- Make available the required data and provide support in finalizing the periodical reports for the donors;
- Coordinate with core partners and sub-grantees for receipt of quarterly narrative and financial reports of the related projects, complete analysis thereof and coordinate with finance team and partners for finalization of reports and disbursement of funds for the next quarter;
- Field visit to the project site for monitoring, when needed;
- Support Manager- Monitoring and Evaluation in timely preparation of Sixth Monthly Progress Reports of all PFI supported and implemented projects for the Governing Board of PFI;
- Lead in developing the Evaluation Calendar and coordinate with the concern programmeteam to commission research and evaluations;
- Support to Manager-Monitoring and Evaluation in developing the Terms of Reference (TOR)/Scope of Work (SOW) and research methodology for conducting evaluation activities;
- Coordinate with Administration section for inviting RFP and selection of agency for studies as per PFI’s procurement policy and seek approval from concerned authorities;
- Support to agency in designing research and evaluation studies with guidance from the M&E Manager comprising sampling, instrument development, data collection, data management, data analysis, data synthesis, writing reports and other tasks as required;
- Provide general logistical/ organizational support to the team, as required;
- Any other work assigned by the reporting manager from time to time;
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Educational Qualification: Master’s degree in social science, demography, statistics or related subjects from a reputed educational institution
- Relevant experience of 3-5 years in leading the monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Experience in monitoring advocacy initiatives is essential;
- Familiarity in research methodology – both quantitative & qualitative;
- Must have knowledge of computer, well versed with SPSS and/or STATA software;
- Experience in dealing with reproductive and sexual health/maternal health/family planning data;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- Good writing and presentation skills;
- Research: Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information;
Other requirements (Behavioural etc)
- Team player and flexible about the challenges of working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities;
- Highly organized, with the proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines and maintain consistent attention to detail;
How to Apply
Please send your updated CV with a covering letter describing your suitability for the position to email@example.com latest by June 4, 2017. Please mention the position “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.