Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
FHI 360, Pretoria, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Work with SAG and CBO partners to assess M&E needs and priorities, develop and implement M&E strengthening plans, and monitor progress.
- Provide follow-up guidance and support to SAG and CBO partners as needed for the strengthening of M&E systems and the use of M&E data for learning and improvement.
- Ensure timely collection, review, analysis and submission of provincial-level data and narrative reports and tracking of progress towards achievement of targets.
- Ensure compliance with all SAG and USAID/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all M&E documents are properly filed & readily available.
- Monitor progress and provide feedback to the project team on monthly work plans.
- Assist in organizing MER trainings and workshops, including development of materials and manuals.
- Draft analytical reports and other documents, e.g. data summaries, workshop reports, etc.
- Provide support to CaSIPO project, sub-partner WSU and CBO partners on any M&E related close out activities and requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Knowledge management skills, including analysis, documentation and dissemination of results
- Expertise in the design and implementation of rapid appraisals etc. and methods for data analysis.
- Development and maintenance of M&E systems in public
- Facilitation, training and mentoring skills.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and USAID/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of the South African public health sector broadly and the area of HIV care and support specifically.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including report writing and analysis.
- Ability to manage high volume work flow with minimal supervision.
- Relationship building and problem solving skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethical considerations with regard to care and support services.
- Proficiency in MS Office and SPSS or other data analysis sofware.
- BS/BA in public health or related field, and 5-7 years relevant experience in HIV and AIDS, health and development with international development programs working on monitoring, evaluation and research in the public health services.or
- MS/MA/MPH in public health or related field, and 3-5 years relevant experience in HIV and AIDS, health and development with international development programs managing data intensive programs and designing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) methodologies and tools, with progressively increasing responsibility.