Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
CUTS International, Jaipur, India
Closing Date for Applications:
CUTS International is a non-profit organisation committed to fulfilling the developmental aspirations of the poor. Headquartered in Jaipur, India, the organisation was founded by Pradeep S. Mehta in 1983. Also known as Consumer Unity & Trust Society, CUTS focuses on providing the needy with access to equal rights, amenities, education, food and developmental opportunities.
CUTS is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer as a consultant to the project team of CUTS. The M&E Officer will be responsible for coordinating monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the projects. The M&E Officer will assist in developing and managing the Project Management Performance Plan (PMP). This position is based on time span of the project and tenure may continue up to one year.
- Lead project team in development and implementation of a qualitative and quantitative M&E system and oversee routine program monitoring activities
- Develop and strengthen quality and relevance of project’s monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results
- Provide feedback to the project head on project strategies and activities
- Suggest strategies to the project team for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimise or eliminate such bottlenecks
- Document results of the M&E system and produce periodic reports monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities required by project head and donor agencies
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
- Assist the various program teams in data analysis
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 4-5 years professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of development projects
- Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, social sciences, or related field.
- An advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or social sciences preferred.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools and data quality assessments and oversight
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and vendors;
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and deliver on time to meet internal and external deadlines;
- Ability to generate goodwill with working partners.