Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
World Health Organization, Cairo, Egypt
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
WHO is providing technical assistance and coordination among various stakeholders in support of the national HCV elimination programme. This work is in line with the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 3.3, the WHO Global Health Sector Strategy on Viral Hepatitis 2016 - 2021 and the related Regional Action Plan, calling for hepatitis elimination by 2030. Furthermore, this programme contributes to the output 1.1.2 "Increased capacity of countries to deliver key hepatitis interventions through active engagement in policy dialogue, development of normative guidance and tools, dissemination of strategic information and provision of technical support". More specifically, WHO-Egypt Country Office is supporting the implementation of a USAID-funded project aiming to strengthen the capacity of MoHP to govern, set standards, implement, monitor and evaluate hepatitis control activities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for Hepatitis elimination programme and budget revisions to ensure that plans are in alignment with the strategy, objectives, indicators, and budget.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation dashboard for the project as well as for the elimination plan.
- Provide substantive technical advice in the development and dissemination of donor reports and liaise with the focal persons at WCO for the final submission and dissemination to donors.
- Identify tools and indicators for monitoring the implementation of projects and operations, evaluate findings, lessons learned, and make recommendations to be integrated into management efforts, and disseminated in learning events.
- Conduct needs assessment; define training needs related to hepatitis monitoring and evaluation and brief national teams as required.
- Report the hepatitis elimination related activities; verify results-oriented formulations and brief technical leads on proper submissions that culminate in approved operational work plans, and their subsequent programmatic monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Prepare standard procedures for data collection, analysis, and reporting at national, regional and global levels.
- Prepare background documents, concept papers, situation analysis, and monthly technical reports for assessment of the implementation of related programmes to support the national activities to reach hepatitis elimination by 2023.
- Identify and mobilize the necessary technical support through external consultants, RO and HQ, as appropriate
- Perform any other related HCV-specific duties assigned by the HWCO.
- Essential: University degree in Medicine or in Public health.
- Desirable: Certified training in epidemiology or monitoring and evaluation.
- Essential: At least 2 years of relevant experience in communicable disease control programmes and in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system or an international organization.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of public health, communicable disease control, analyzing data, concise reporting, and surveillance of communicable diseases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tools, principles, disciplines, and techniques to implement monitoring and evaluation strategies.
- Proven ability to write reports, oral presentations and technical and advocacy documents, and to make recommendations related to work-processing approaches.
- Advanced ability to gather, analyze and disseminate information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.