The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental organization with more than 60 years of experience providing humanitarian assistance to ensure a safe and dignified life for refugees and internally displaced persons. NRC advocates for the rights of IDPs and provides assistance in areas such as camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has about 5,000 committed and competent employees working on projects across the following four continents: Africa, Asia, South America and Europe. NRC is also responsible for one of the world's largest complementary list of experts (standby roster of the world) - NORCAP - with over 650 specialists ready to deploy within 72 hours to respond to humanitarian crises
NRC is recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for its projects in Cameroon.
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer position is to monitor the collection by the progammes of the results and performance indicators and their management for programs in the extreme north of Cameroon.
- Create indicator tracking matrices for programs and compile indicators in the monitoring table each month upstream of the MRGs for all programs;
- Analyze indicators monthly;
- Compile the data in GORS every month and ensure their quality;
- Monitor the collection of performance indicators (outcomes) for programs;
- Introduce and manage questionnaires on online platforms for programs;
- Manage complaints and feedback at the grassroots level;
- In coordination with the M & E coordinator, support programs in the design of questionnaire tools including PDM, baseline surveys, and endline;
- In coordination with the M & E coordinator, support programs in collecting data as part of evaluations;
- In coordination with the M & E coordinator, support in the production of investigation reports.
- Professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in a humanitarian context;
- Previous work experience in complex and unstable contexts;
- Proven results on the responsibilities of the position;
- Experience and knowledge of the principles and approaches of evaluation and monitoring (qualitative and quantitative methods) in humanitarian and development programs;
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, tutoring and other formal or informal methods;
- English an asset.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Skype and internet.
- Ability to speak in front of varied audiences. Knowledge of the local language.
- Strong editorial ability.