Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Fhi360, Pretoria, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Officer position is available from January 2020 to the end of September 2020 and will be based in Pretoria, South Africa. Its focus will be to support the EpiC project team and partner organizations on operationalization of MER systems, data analysis and reporting. The Officer will work closely with the Senior Technical Advisor, SI and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide monitoring and evaluation support to the EpiC MER team and implementing partners
- Provide support implementing partners to operationalize MER plans
- Ensure compliant use of MER plans, tools and a SOPs by implementing partners.
- Provide M&E technical support to the EpiC project partners out activities and requirements
- Ensure compliance on project data reports submission by implementing partners and FHI 360
- Facilitate review of reports and ensure timely data submission by partners
- Conduct data validation and verification using various online and offline platforms
- Track progress towards achieving the program targets, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the reporting systems as per USAID/ PEPFAR formats/ requirements.
- Conduct training sessions and workshops on MER for implementing partners
- Conduct RDQA and Spot checks site visits and meetings with partners
- Compile MER presentations and workshops including development of materials and manuals.
- Provide M&E inputs on Epic project reports
- Support partners with all project reporting requirements in line with USAID rules and Regulations
- Write a variety of documents and analytical reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Social Sciences or Developmental Studies, Public Health, Demography, Epidemiology
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience with an NGO or International Organization
- Experience in working with VMMC projects is preferred
- Experience in working with USAID/PEPFAR funded projects will be advantageous
- Experience in establishing an M&E system, i.e. developing data collection forms, indicator reference sheets and performance monitoring plans
- Experience in using various mhealth/digital health platforms
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision at times
- Willingness to to travel nationally
- Focused, organized and flexible attitude
- Fluency in English