Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council, Zahle, Lebanon
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for engaging in data collection, analysis, reporting and validation activities, and providing direct support to the Line Manager in contributing to quality programming and organizational learning.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide feedback as required on field observations and monitoring findings to the Line Manager.
- Collect data for outcome monitoring, beneficiary consultations, and other assessments as needed and following data collection protocols.
- Oversee and follow up on the work of volunteers and data collectors.
- Ensure data collected is shared with relevant parties and is adequately stored.
- Ensure adherence to planned schedules, data collection targets, and reporting deadlines.
- Support in the preparation for and implementation of lessons learned sessions.
- Organize and provide (when needed) refresher M&E trainings for relevant staff.
- Crosscheck and validate reporting in DHIS2 (District Health Information System) and flag data discrepancies.
- Support programme teams on issues and requests related to data collection tools, as needed.
- Attend core competency specific workshops, trainings, and meetings as needed.
- Ensure that reporting on actuals and targets is completed as per the guidelines.
- Support in the creation and maintenance of dashboards.
- Complete data analysis of outcome data and support with qualitative data analysis.
- Support Database Officers in the analysis of beneficiary and services data.
- Assist with other M&E duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in social sciences, humanities, quantitative/qualitative research methods, public health, or any other relevant field
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience preferably in social work, research, community development, non-government, and/or outreach organizations
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change