Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Nations World Food Programme, Yaounde, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
Support monitoring and evaluation activities within the Cameroon Country Office, ensuring that WFP programmes generate quality evidence on the outputs and outcomes of WFP's food assistance activities on the lives of beneficiaries with which to inform operational decision making and strategic reorientation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Monitoring planning, guidance and implementation
- Support planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g. beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.);
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for CSP and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results (e.g. checking monitoring and evaluation budgets are allocated and appropriate log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented);
- Ensure that data are regularly entered in Country Office Tool for Managing Effectively (COMET) and check the quality of data;
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to strengthen capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results;
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the data quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field;
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence;
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to the sub-offices Monitoring Team ensuring utilization of all resources is effective, efficient and economical and M&E objectives are achieved;
- Undertake a close supervision of M&E field staff, to ensure that M&E guidelines are being implemented and provide any required on-site technical support;
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities;
- In consultation with Programme staff develop log frames and select indicators during project design stage
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs;
- Ensure the optimization of the CSP detailed monitoring and reporting system and formulate requirements to implement the plans in the sub-offices;
- Liaise with Dakar RB Monitoring Team for needed support and updates on guidelines for M&E;
- Follow up on monitoring and review findings to ensure corrective actions are taken as required.
Data Management and analysis of monitoring findings
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focused results;
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements;
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required;
- Support appropriate planning and budgeting for evaluations as well as the overall evaluation and review process with appropriate follow up of the management responses to evaluations recommendations;
- Support the Chair of the Evaluation Committee and liaise with RB monitoring and evaluation advisers;
- Manage data collection, data validation and data analysis processes;
- Ensure that the Country Office Monitoring Database systems are functional and effectively utilized and all required enhancements are undertaken promptly;
- Ensure that all the M&E tool kits are revised and updated as required for effective M&E of CSP activities;
- Ensure data collection, data validation and data analysis processes using the M&E toolkits;
- Provide inputs on achievements to the overall reporting system and any other periodic reports requested by Country Office Units, Regional Bureau;
- Participate in data analysis undertaken by M&E team and ensure the timely preparation and submission of all M&E related reports as required;
- Liaise closely with the CO VAM Unit on methodological and data interpretation issues on CSP planning data as required to ensure professional concurrence;
- Contribute actively to preparedness actions such as early warning, risk analysis and contingency planning and make recommendations; periodically monitor the management of risks and report on any actions taken;
- Ensure the regular (monthly/quarterly) production of M&E dashboard properly annotated to guide management on the CSP status and decision making;
- Ensure links with the Beneficiary Feedback mechanism;
- Develop and disseminate information products reflecting feedback monitoring findings and reports.
- Advanced University degree in Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics or Performance Management or other relevant fields or First University Degree with 7 years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least Five years of professional experience in food security and nutrition programmes management, monitoring & evaluation, program analysis and monitoring, or Programme Coordination in a humanitarian/ development context with UN Agencies, NGO, government or private sector.
- Experience with a UN agency would be an asset.
- Experience managing staff and improving performance.
- The incumbent will have direct knowledge and experience of refugee emergency operations including programming and management aspects, working, and coordinating complex projects with different entities and government authorities.
- Fluency (level C) in both English and French language