MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Support to ensure that information and data from the field is captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Support the continuous monitoring, review and evaluation of projects and make field visits together with PIU colleagues to conduct qualitative and quantitative checks to obtain feedback;
- Analyze evaluation results pertaining to the Projects under GLED/SDDP Programme and draft findings in consultation with the Programme Manager for dissemination;
- Coordinate the timely submission of progress reports by Field Project specialist (FPSs) and assist with data entry, and the preparation of charts, graphs, and progress reports;
- Support and facilitate external evaluations, advocacy and knowledge sharing fora, training programmes on importance of M&E, donor assessments and missions;
- Work closely with all programme staff of GLED/SDDP programme, especially the Communications/Reporting Specialist to prepare and present reports/papers, with a focus on maximizing the visibility of the Programme;
- Provide on-the job-training and mentoring for relevant PIU and field staff.
- Support to ensure all projects and their sub-components (sub-projects) have results-based annual work plans (AWPs) with indicators, baselines and targets established at output and activity level and are fully aligned with the GLED/SDDP Results Framework and Results Monitoring Plan and facilitate and give input to external evaluations focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Collaborate with FPSs on timely preparation of project Annual Work Plans in line with UNDP corporate guidelines;
- Develop indicators and establish baselines and targets at output and activity level for Projects and sub-projects at district level under the overall technical guidance from the PIU Sector Specialists;
- Conduct periodic Programme/Project internal evaluations in line with the GLED/SDDP Results Framework and Results Monitoring Plan;
- Ensure that activities are clearly defined, including indicative activities, tasks and sub-tasks as well as deliverables for each activity to enable effective and efficient monitoring.
- Report on project progress both qualitatively and quantitatively according to the annual work plans and log frame of various projects focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Collaborate with FPSs on the preparation of M&E plans at the field level and recommend corrective action, if any, to streamline the processs;
- Collaborate with the Programme Manager, Sector Specialists and FPS to ensure Project/Programme risks logs are in place and updated and reviewed in a timely manner to identify mitigation measures that are required;
- Ensure the timely submission of required reports by FPSs and implementing partners under the overall guidance of the Programme Manager (GLED/SDDP);
- Support the identification and documentation of links, synergies, lessons learnt and best practices across Projects that can be useful in the institutional learning process and increasing the results of Projects.
- Contribute substantially to Project proposal development, donor reporting and other communication products with the provision of evidence-based, results analysis
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Statistics, Economics, Political Science or Social Science OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered in the absence of as Master’s Degree.
- 5 -7 years of relevant experience is required at the national or international level;
- Demonstrable experience in conducting and writing medium-large scale applied research projects;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Membership of Sri Lanka Evaluation Association (SLEVA) will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written English communication skills, along with Tamil and/or Sinhala;
- Tri-lingual candidates would have an added advantage.
To Apply Visit