CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Mid-Level) to join the team. This is a full time long-term position based in Kathmandu, with approximately 5 to 10 percent domestic travel, (largely focused on providing technical assistance on research activities). The M&E specialist will join a fast-paced project expected to produce high quality M&E work under tight timelines. The M&E specialist will collaborate with all MEL technical staff but is expected to work primarily in component 2 under the senior-level Evaluation Specialist focusing on managing and contributing to evaluations, studies, and baseline data collections. The successful candidate will have deep technical M&E expertise and some experience with capacity building and in managing fieldwork.
- Undertake field work managing, overseeing, or participating in both qualitative and quantitative data collections by small or large field teams
- Under the supervision of the senior-level Evaluation Specialist, oversee and undertake quality control of consulting teams in developing and implementing qualitative and quantitative evaluations including planning for data collections, development of protocols, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
- Provide technical feedback on study and evaluation scopes of work from the client
- Liaise with Mission staff and consultants (expat and Nepali)
- Join or oversee external teams in coding and analyzing qualitative data collected from the field.
- Undertake basic to moderate-level analysis of quantitative data
- Work across multiple sectors
- Help liaise with Mission staff and external consultants (expat and Nepali), evaluators, subject matter experts, translators, and transcribers.
- Perform related administrative, logistic, and organizing responsibilities involving the studies, as assigned.
- An advanced degree in a sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Nepal activities (e.g., economics, public policy, international relations, statistics, political science, health, education, agriculture, etc.)
- At least 6 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation in Nepal
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in evaluation and research with at least 3 of years heavily involving evaluation or research strongly preferred
- Experience working with USAID preferred
- Experience working on both third-party and internal evaluations preferred
- Field experience in undertaking data collection in the field strongly preferred
- Experience across sectors preferred
- M&E training experience for local implementing organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously required
- Experience and skills in statistical analysis preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Nepali required
- Experience writing and editing reports in English at a sophisticated level required