Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
FHI 360, Kathmandu, Nepal
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist - Based in Kathmandu
The M&E Specialist is responsible for providing support to the "Human Rights Strengthening in Nepal" program, a component of Civil Society: Mutual Accountability Project (CS:MAP) by carrying out activities on monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting, data quality assessment (DQAs), development of tools, for gathering required information from project implementing partners. S/He will work closely with M&E Manager and other team members to provide required technical assistance for strengthening strategic information and M&E system.
- Support on overall design and implementation of a comprehensive Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan by developing appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of program data, and recommending changes to annual work plans or data collection techniques as needed.
- Develop formats, checklists for monitoring reports, activity monitoring and field visits.
- Synthesize and analyze data from field to measure progress, contribution and impact against the project targets.
- Contribute to the CS:MAP periodic progress reports including good practices, lessons learnt and success stories, in coordination with implementing agencies in getting the necessary information as per the format.
- Support to draft CS:MAP monthly activity calendar plan and progress updates in coordination with program leads and project implementing partners for sharing with relevant stakeholders.
- Upload and update relevant project documents and periodic reports in USAID’s Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) and FHI 360’s Knowledgebase.
- Support in gathering required information to upload in USAID’s Development Data Library (DDL), TraiNet VCS and Development Information Solution (DIS).
- Support for smooth operation and utilization of CS:MAP database management system according to the MEL Plan.
- Analyze monitoring results with the project team and facilitate ensuing discussions to ensure that monitoring results can be shared with and used by the senior management team that may lead to necessary project adjustments.
- Support in the implementation of the Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) strategy and Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) framework.
- Support the DQA process by carrying out field visits and by helping prepare initial reports if required.
- Support M&E related capacity-building trainings and workshops to identify lessons learned and disseminate the case studies and lessons.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s level degree with minimum 2 years related experience or a bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of related experience in development programming, especially, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Workable knowledge on international and domestic human rights protection mechanisms and the role of national human rights institutions.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision and manage high volume work flow with multiple tasks.
- Experience with research, GIS and M&E systems, including data collection and analysis.
- Resourceful in resolving problems and initiating solutions.Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.