Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Fhi 360, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Jordan Community Health and Nutrition Activity. This activity aims to improve the nutritional status of children under five and pregnant and lactating women in target areas in Jordan over a five-year period. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist will provide strategic leadership over the design and implementation of MEL activities across the project.
- Track implementation progress towards Activity objectives and verifiably measure results;
- Create a MEL plan that includes a description of the Activity and its contribution to USAID/Jordan’s Development Objective Results Framework, the Activity’s theory of change, and the Activity’s approach to monitoring and learning, including baselines and target outcomes.;
- Ensure that MEL plan is data-responsive and ensure that interventions are altered as needed to ensure maximum impact
- Oversee development of MEL related tools and materials;
- Monitor activity progress to ensure consistency and coherence across interventions and with other major in-country actors; and
- Work closely with external stakeholders, including the Jordanian government, multilateral organizations, and the private sector.
- A Master’s degree in epidemiology, statistics, research methods, or related field
- At least 5 years of working in health or development projects on monitoring, evaluation and research methods with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively and in flexible and adaptive programming.
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.